SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Shipping Box

Here are shots of the box that will house SFG Blank Book during it's journey from artist to artist. Other items accompanying the sketchbook will be thin sheets of vellum to place between the finished pages for protection, a shipping list that will identify the person the box will be shipped to next, an outline intoduction including instructions on page usage within the blank book.

This image shows the SFG logo and type burned into the lid of the box.


You can see that this sketchbook will be packed nicely into the box for proection during the long journey it must take from artist to artist.


This image illustrates the size of the hardbound sketchbook.

Labels: ,

 

5 Comments:

At July 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM, Blogger Adam Levine said...

The setup looks great! It's clean and ready to experience a life of travel. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with it.

 
At August 5, 2007 at 2:00 AM, Blogger J said...

This project looks SO COOL!!
I look forward to seeing the completed book, although I'll have to wait about 16 months for that. I noticed that SFG said a second Blank Book Project is in the works... well since I missed the sign ups for the 1st Blank Book, I'd like get on the sign up list for the 2nd Blank Book. PLEASE email me when the sign ups begin - otherwise I'll just keep watching this site - Thanks!

 
At August 5, 2007 at 4:02 PM, Blogger Jeff Andrews said...

Jeff...

The blank book project is a project strictly for members of SFG only! And I'm pretty sure I'm the only Jeff there. LOL

 
At June 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Blogger Elvia Montemayor said...

I would love to be part of this project. Please let us know when can I subscribe!!!
Than you,
elvia

 
At June 25, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Blogger kim holt said...

I would love to participate in the next round. Please include me when it begins. Thanks so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG