SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Adam Levine - Coffee Flavored Air

This morning I got a nice surprise in my email from Adam Levine. He sent me some really cool images and a great story behind his illustration and the awesome meeting he had with Jim Bradshaw, our next illustrator in line to work in the blank book.

The title of Adam's piece is: "Coffee Flavored Air."



Adam writes:

"I chose to draw the main drag in downtown Freehold, NJ. I picked Freehold because I've always lived on its border and I love the rich and slightly obscure history that the town has to offer. It's a beautiful little reminder of what I think of when I hear the phrase "A little slice of Americana." I just drew what I saw, both in reality and what brews inside my head. Mixing the two was lots of fun. This has been such a fun project, I'm jealous of the people at the end of the list who get to flip through all those fun pages yet to come in person!"



Adam has also passed the book off to Jim Bradshaw and his back story of the meeting made me wish I was there to experience this meeting of the creative and great minds.

Adam again writes:

"If I had to sum up what took place last night I would simply say it was a "meeting of the minds!" I have been crazy lucky to have had yet another great experience in meeting a fellow SFGer. If happiness and fun were considered diseases than we would have been quarantined last night for sure.


Being a fan of Jim's work I was already stoked to meet him but I guess I didn't realize just how well we'd hit it off. We met at an authentic Mexican restaurant named Juanitos in Red Bank NJ on a street with (and I'm not exaggerating) no less than four places named Juanitos. The food was excellent...when we finally ordered. We were too busy exchanging ideas and rummaging through each other's sketchbooks. We waited for my girlfriend but the time slipped right past us. We got there at dinner time and stayed until they literally closed the place down. They shut off the lights after we walked out the door, and four hours later we realized that we still didn't have enough time.

I loved being a part of this project and I really hope it encourages people to meet in person if they can. Thanks again to you and Jeff for setting this thing up, I had a blast!"



Jeff and I are excited to see this book take off and become such a dynamic presence. We are waiting in anticipation to see what Jim Bradshaw has in store for this Sugar Frosted adventure.

Labels: , ,

 

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG