SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jim Bradshaw - Ocean City

Jim Bradshaw sent me some really cool images and a great story behind his illustration and the awesome meeting he had with Adam Levine.

Here is Jim Bradshaw's teaser shot of his untitled illustration.



Jim writes:

"I chose the whole state of New Jersey for my topic because my A.D.D. would not allow me to stay on one topic or location. I blended some of my favorite boardwalks in the illustration as well as many other mystery things about me and New Jersey.

This has been an awesome experience. I'm so glad I was on Adam's "next to" list because we had a great evening. Just about all my friends are not creative types. I don't really talk art or creativity with them because I have gotten sick of that glassy eyed, bored, what on earth are you talking about look on their faces. The online community is a great place to find people who "get you."


Meeting with Adam in person was a refreshing blast of creative energy that I am still stoked about. We art types really need to connect MORE and I am totally thankful to you and Jeff for putting forth the effort to make this one happen. The food was great at Juanitos but we had trouble getting to it. We couldn't shut off the art talk and the gawking at each others moleskins.


Adam surprised me with a hand made stuffed character that he named Paco. Hmmm... I think the Mexican restaurant might have had something to do with the name. He has a whole line of adoptable creatures, he named "Adimals", so I have a new pal for my studio. I have had a desire to get into making my own as well and want to hear more from Adam on that. We had so much in common and hit it off big. There was barely a topic that we had enough time to fully talk out. Adam and I will definitely be getting together again. Thanks to SFGBBP, I have a cool new friend. And not just him, but his girlfriend, Kat who joined us and is into animation as well as Adam and had no trouble blending in with us.


The pics of me and BBP are on the ferris wheel at Ocean City, NJ. You can see the beach in the background. The little BBP box and I also bonded quite nicely. I'll miss the little fellow. It was a perfect mild, breezy, September day at the boardwalk and we both shed a tear or two when I shipped him.

Vince Altamore is next and should be getting his package today or tomorrow. Go Vince Go!!! Anyone who hangs out at the SFG site knows that Vincenzo is a kick-butt caricature artist. It didn't work out for Vince and me to meet because of geography and time constraints. I can't wait to see what he will come up with. Peace to all my SFGers."



Awesome story Jim and that illustration looks like a perfect addition to the Sugar Frosted Goodness Blank Book of delights.

Labels: ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG