SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 6, 2008

Mike Maihack - Moolicious

I am very relieved and so happy to see the BBP is back on track. Mike Maihack from Tampa, Florida, sent in his images and a short write up last night. So without further adieu, enjoy!

Below is a small teaser shot of Mike's illustration.



Mike writes:

As of this morning the Blank Book is on its way to Kingwood, TX! Here’s a snippet from one of my pages and a pic of me in front of my favorite Ice Cream Shoppe in Tampa, Maggie Moos (not really a landmark, I just really wanted some ice cream).



My two pages are pretty much a Cow & Buffalo comic. The intention was to have them talking about some of the history and sites around Tampa, but they ended up mostly arguing back and forth instead. And there’s no color, because I forgot how to color when I’m not on a computer. Still, it should make for a somewhat interesting read.



The book is now enroute to our next participant, Patricia Zapata.

Labels: , ,

 

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Blogger pati said...

Ohh... How nice! I'm so relieved!

 
At July 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Blogger milo said...

great drawings as usual :)

I grew up in Tampa, no moolicious when i was there though! drat

 
At July 18, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a month since this post... any updates?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG