SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2008

Beth Berst-Gregory

Ellwood House

This past weekend I received notice from Beth Berst-Gregory that she had complete her portion of the book. I had worries that the book had been lost due to not hearing from the past few participants. I was relieved when Beth sent me her images and teaser shot. Thankfully the book is still on track. I have updated the estimated arrival dates, so please check them if you haven't partcipated yet.

So, with out further rant, I present Beth's contribution.


Above we see Beth sitting on the porch at Ellwood House, taking a peek at the mysterious Blank Book.

Below is a small sample of Beth's illustration:



Beth writes:

I adored working on this collaborative project. From the moment I opened the book, the creative energy from all the artists' visions swirled off the pages and into my home. It was wonderful to see all of the art up close and personal, to appreciate the lines and marks that were created by hand and all united there in the form of The Blank Book.

This project's theme made me step back and view my town in a new way. To wrap up the essence of home into something simplistic, familiar & above all - honest.



The blankbook is now in the hands of Christian Elden.

Labels: , ,

 

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Blogger pati said...

I was worried, too. I'm happy that the book is on its way! :D

The pic is adorable and I loved Beth's words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG