SFG Blank Book Project Home



What is the
SFG Blank Book Project?


The SFG Blank Book Project is a traveling sketchbook created collaboratively by Jeff Andrews and Steph Doyle.

For approximately 500 days, the sketchbook will travel from Washington DC to 50 illustrators around the world. Once the book arrives, each illustrator has 7 days to complete a sketch and send the book on to the next illustrator. The book will reach its final destination approximately mid-December, 2008.

The theme for this inaugural book is, "Where I Live." We hope to launch a second book project at the begining of the new year


Participant Illustrations





SFG


Design Inspiration


Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Allan Lorde - Winnipeg Goodness

Another "cool" email from the great white north is sent my way. This time from Allan Lorde, our 17th participant to grace the blank book with his work.


Allan sent me a few pictures that tell a short story of the blank book's chilling journey of Winnipeg. First off is the image of Allan handing over the book to Jeope Wolfe. Once the book arrived, Allan immediately handed it off to Jeope. This afforded Jeope the time he needed to participate in this project. Once finished, Jeope then returned the book to Allan. Now Allan has a shot at doing his thing with the Blank Book. Get it? I hope so, because I don't think I could type it in any other way.


Next we see Allan and his lovely Fiancée in front of the historic Forks market. The BBP Box looks like it is handling the frigid temps rather nicely.

And finally, here is a small section, or teaser shot, of Allan's work in the blank book.



Allan writes:

Hey there! It took me a while to figure out what aspect of Winnipeg life I wanted to depict in my portion of the SFG Blank Book. In the end, I had to go with Winter, not only because I love it, but also because of how the season is practically inseparable from any discussion about this prairie city.

Unflagging spirit during the harshest of conditions is part of Winnipeg's character. My fiancée and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary as a couple this weekend, so I had the book a little longer than I had planned. Hopefully, it'll reach Matt with much speed!

Thanks again for having me involved! This has been fun.



The book is right on schedule and we thank our good neighbors to the north for their awesome participation.

Labels: , , ,

 

3 Comments:

At January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

That's my kitchen! My kitchen is on the internet!

 
At February 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Blogger Stuart Wade said...

What happened to the box!?!?!

 
At March 5, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Blogger Vincenzo said...

...must be lost in the space-time continuum again...don't you just hate when that happens!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2007 SFG